The internationally famous area of Costa del Sol, is well known for its beautiful beaches, wide cultural offer and its nightlife. But one of the most important aspect of this area are the Golf courses, which are internationally renowned. In this post we have selected the best golf courses in Marbella:
- Real Club de Golf Las Brisas: Designed by Robert Trent Jones in 1968, with several water obstacles that are one of its main atracctions. It has ten artificial lakes fed by two streams. The result of the designer effort is a difficult and attractive golf course situated in Nueva Andalucia, that intermediate and experience golfers will enjoy.
- Los Naranjos Golf Club: Situated in the Golf Valley of Nueva Andalucia, this course is also designed by the prestigious Robert Trent Jones. This world famous golf course is considered one of the finest European golf courses, and a true Championship Course. It features wide fairways, strategically placed hazards and large undulating greens. Suitable for all level of players all year round. The area is highly demanded, and has several options for sale available, if you are interested in owning a golf property in the Costa del Sol.
- Aloha Golf Club: Aloha golf club is one of the golf courses that form the Golf Valley, which has one of the highest concentrations of top golf courses in Europe. The course was created by Javier Arana in 1975, its doors remain open to those willing to spend a great time in its course.
- La Quinta Golf and Country Club: Situated five minutes inland from Puerto Banus on the Costa del Sol. It opened in 1989, with an originally 18-hole course that has been extended into a 27-hole golf course. Designed by Antonio Garrido as a comfortable and suitable for golfers of all abilities.
- Santa Clara Golf Marbella: situated in the eastern part of Marbella, a few minutes from the beach of Costabella, providing a fantastic meeting point for golf lovers. It presents technically challenging but pleasant, with wide fairways and few rough and open greens.
- Cabopino Golf Marbella: located on the border between Marbella and Mijas Costa, next to the Cabopino port. It has 5170m, par 71. It has three par 3’s, two par 5’s and the rest par 4’s. All categories of handicap golfers are welcome.
- Magna Marbella Golf: A very balanced course situated in the Golf Valley of Marbella, where beginners and high handicap players can practice and improve their game. It has extensive facilities, with stunning views from the terrace of the Magna Café, where a coffee or a fine meal can be enjoyed while admiring this stunning golf course.
- Marbella Golf & Country Club: located in Marbella East, is one of the most challenging golfing experiences on the Costa del Sol. With a stylish restaurant, shop, conference rooms, a golf academy and tennis courts, is a very complete golf club for all the family.
- RIO REAL: Designed by the legendary Javier Arana, with 18 holes (par 72), situated just 5 minutes from the city center, in Marbella East. Its design makes it a spectacular golf course for its layout and its beauty. Ideal to play golf both on foot and in golf carts.