If you want to sell your property in Spain, you have probably wondered how is the best way to do it and where to get potential buyers. The main touristic areas of Spain as The Costa del Sol, Barcelona or Madrid, are highly demanded by both local and foreigners buyers.
However reaching these clients might become difficult for individual owners as they don’t have the resources and accesses that Real Estates have. Selling a house on line is not as easy as you may think, but in this post we are going to give you a few tips to improve the chances of selling your home faster.
How to sell my property online?
Thanks to internet there are no barriers and any buyer around the globe can purchase a property in Spain. In order to be more successful in the sale your marketing will have to be dedicated and orientated to the right customers. Don’t try to sell a luxury villa to a medium-low budged market! Take a look at the following advices:
- Segmentation: Start with the basic. Make a study of which population and country are more likely to buy your property. The web is very big for you to cover all places, therefore a direct marketing orientated to the people you are aiming at will be more effective. As an example, if you want to target the Chinese or Arabic market, the marketing has to be completely different than the Russian market.
- Channels: The easiest way to publish your property is in property portals. In Spain, the most popular ones are Fotocasa, Milanuncios and Idealista, but there are more and more each day! Wallapop, vibbo, resales, or even Facebook are moving to the real estate market. The majority of this portals are not free, and there are some others exclusive for real estates. Depending on the country you want to publish your property you should check which portals are the most used. Do some research!
- Property display: Doesn’t matter if you are going to publish just in Spain or in many other countries, the property must look good. Try to go neutral on the decoration, take out all the family pictures, remove jars and bottles from the bathroom, open all the shutters and tidy every room… An image is worth a thousand words! And your property pictures are the first thing any potential buyer is going to see. Make a good impression!
Inconveniences and problems of selling your house online by your own:
The experience of a Real Estate agent would help you if you want to sell your property online. The procedure will be easier and simpler thanks to their knowledge in the field. Furthermore there are some issues that you have to take into account if you are willing to do the process by your own.
- Communication problems: If you publish your property online, (specially in property portals) you will start receiving lots of contacts that may not speak your language. The communication will become very difficult and the sale will probably not be achieved. A real estate agency will have a multilingual team to provide a proactive and personal service, attending to each customer according to their needs.
- Availability: The moment your property is online your phone may ring at any time, and you should be able to pick up calls and answer emails all day long. Losing a call or replying late to an email is losing the sale! However being always available is very difficult for an individual owner. Agencies will be in charge of managing the calls and emails so you don’t have to worry!
- Filtering clients: If you decide to hire an agency to sell your property in Spain, they will be talking to the clients and qualifying them. Not every client is suitable for your property!, there are many nosey people, clients with a bad financial situation, or informal people who will never attend the appointments. If you decide to go with an agency, they will be in charge of managing this clients and situations, so you don’t have to worry!
From Andalucia Realty we help you selling your property in The Costa del Sol. Our exclusive clients get our complete marketing package valued at 2.300 absolutely free! Click on the link for more information.