The house of your dreams lies on the beautiful Mediterranean coastline of the Costa del Sol which has many stunning villa homes and houses in Marbella at all price levels
Over six million visitors a year have chosen Marbella as their holiday destination in the last decade, and many of them end up falling in love and buying a home in this delightful town. Costa del Sol has become one of the major hotspots for foreigners looking for a second home in Spain, which is confirmed by the increase in home sales in Marbella.
The main attractions of this destination are the pleasant climate, with over 300 days of sunshine per year and an average temperature of 19°C; an excellent infrastructure and an abundance of leisure, sporting and cultural amenities in an environment of unique natural beauty.
The captivating town and magnificent Marbella beaches are located in a sheltered location at the foot of the dramatic Sierra Bermeja and Sierra Blanca mountains. This city is the central axis of the ‘Golden Triangle‘ (Triángulo de Oro) —comprising of Marbella, Benahavís and Estepona, each located on the coast in the province of Málaga. Their combined assets and attractions make this the epicentre of the region. First, there are 15 top golf courses in Marbella, which makes it the highest concentrated region of golf clubs in continental Europe. They are widely acclaimed in the professional sporting world and include: Aloha, Cabopino, Guadalmina, Los Naranjos, Santa Clara, Río Real and Marbella Golf Club, among others.
The green fairways are as impressive as the blue sea which laps the 30 kilometers of stunning coastline including 24 Marbella beaches providing something for every taste and need. There are untouched corners providing peace and tranquility, such as Cabopino and the landscape of Dunas de Artola. Other beaches are more animated, like Nagüeles and the area of Puerto Banús. Some of the beach clubs and restaurants are located on the most fashionable beaches in Marbella (Nikki Beach, Ocean Beach Club, Puro Beach Marbella). They are perfect for enjoying sunshine and relaxation in the day and the fun extends until late at night, with good company, excellent customer service and a great atmosphere.
Beachfront bars and pavement cafés are interesting places to have lunch, dinner or a snack, but if you want to taste the exquisite gourmet cuisine of the ‘Golden Triangle’, you need to book a seat at one of the four Michelin star restaurants in Marbella such as Restaurante Messina Marbella, featuring chef Mauricio Giovanini; the two Michelin star Dani Garcia Restaurante, located in the Hotel Puente Romano; El Lago, led by chef Diego del Río, and the exclusive Skina, by Jaume Puigdengolas, which only serves 14 diners per sitting. The innovative gourmet market Ambrosía is another wonderful place to find rich cuisine and gourmet tapas.
Other relaxing activities in Marbella are related to the world of sailing, with four main marinas that are well equipped for water sports in Marbella. They include Bajadilla, located in the heart of Marbella, the nearby Virgen del Carmen marina, Cabopino further eats, and the famous Puerto Banús, the most upscale marina in the region favoured by Ferrari-driving owners who moor their luxury yachts there. Many companies offer related water-based services such as boat charters, fishing, snorkelling, diving and sailing trips aboard impressive yachts. Scenic promenades provide the chance for pleasant walks and the chance to watch people windsurfing, kiteboarding and standup paddleboarding.
TO MARBELLA BY LAND, SEA AND AIR
The existing excellent communications with the Costa del Sol allow residents and visitors to enjoy this Mediterranean paradise at any time of year. Marbella is about 30 minutes’ drive from the International Airport of Málaga, which offers direct flights from Málaga to many international destinations.
The distance from Málaga to Marbella is less than 50 kilometers, a journey along the coastal AP-7 highway, the Mediterranean Motorway. You can also travel by high-speed train, AVE Madrid Málaga, which connects in Madrid with other major cities including Barcelona. Other ways to get to Marbella include flying to the nearby airport of Gibraltar or Jerez de la Frontera. You can even arrive by sea on one of the many cruise ships that visit the major cruise ports along the Costa del Sol including Malaga.
BEAUTY SALONS, SPA AND LUXURY STORES IN MARBELLA AND PUERTO BANÚS
Marbella has become a benchmark in tourism for its destination shopping, thanks to the many boutiques and clothing stores in Marbella and Puerto Banús. You will find major fashion brands and accessories, jewellery and luxury car dealerships selling a broad range of vehicles. There are three top places that you must visit if you want to experience the leading apparel brands and designers. The most famous one is Puerto Banús, which is home to Carolina Herrera, Bottega Veneta, Bulgari, Cartier, Chopard, Dior, Emporio Armani, Gucci, Hermes and Louis Vuitton, among many other luxury brand names.
The next stop is the shopping areas, made up of 10 shopping complexes with beauty centers in Marbella. You must visit El Corte Inglés, La Cañada Shopping Centre, Marina Banús and El Capricho. Another option for shopping in Marbella is to walk through the historic city center, where you will find many clothes and accessories shops around the quaint streets, squares and markets which offer wonderful bargains and unique treasures.
Wearing the most innovative fashion is as important as looking radiant and healthy. Marbella includes all types of aesthetic clinics, beauty salons and spa and wellness areas around the city, which make it one of the top places for medical tourism, with its private clinics, high-ranking hospitals and health facilities.
MARBELLA, TOP CITY TO LIVE
In addition to all the aforementioned amenities, if you are moving to Marbella you will want to know that the area has excellent English-speaking kindergartens and international schools in Marbella and San Pedro de Alcántara. They provide an outstanding education for children from kindergarten to teenage. In addition, there are many internationally acclaimed museums, theatres, art galleries and cinemas for entertainment and cultural enrichment.
If you are choosing the place to live, you will see that the Marbella real estate offers a huge choice of apartments, mansions, villas and luxury houses distributed throughout the different districts of Marbella.
- Cabopino: towards the east, is situated in a natural setting of great beauty and offers one of the quietest spots outside the popular area of mass tourism. It has a Marbella beach that is considered one the most beautiful
- Casco antiguo: Traditional Andalusian style area with white streets and shady squares, Roman, Arab and Christian ruins with lively activities both day and night
- El Rosario: excellent houses with sea views around the beach of Las Chapas, just a few minutes’ drive from the town centre
- Elviria: only seven kilometers from the historic town, with some of the best beaches and green open spaces. It is one of the best residential areas with plenty of quality homes for sale in Marbella located here
- Guadalmina: here you will find large private residences in a refined and pleasant urbanization. It is divided into two: Guadalmina Baja, next to the beach, and Guadalmina Alta, on the north side, at the foot of the mountain. It is next to one of the best golf courses in the municipality, Guadalmina Golf
- La Mairena: impressive mountain and sea views from this location in the foothills of Sierra Alpujata. Beautiful villas and luxury homes in Marbella in this area are accompanied by excellent services and local amenities (schools, restaurants, banks etc)
- La Quinta: set at the head of Valle del Golf (Golf Valley), one of the largest concentrations of golf courses in Marbella. It has a cosmopolitan atmosphere and magnificent buildings in a complex that is increasing in popularity
- Las Chapas: You’ll find beautiful pine forests, a relaxing lifestyle and family-friendly atmosphere in this small residential area, with an excellent beach of the same name
- Los Monteros: On the outskirts of the city, with one of the most famous hotels in Costa del Sol, this area lies parallel to the Mediterranean
- Milla de Oro: the most exclusive and luxurious area of the region is from Marbella to Puerto Banús. The best malls and shopping centres, shops in Puerto Banús, luxury hotels, golf courses, high-end restaurants, art galleries… everything!
- Nagüeles: villas, terraced houses and apartments just 10 minutes’ drive from Puerto Banús and the old town of Marbella with an international school which is considered the best in the region
- Nueva Andalucía: just behind Puerto Banus, so residents will not miss anything. A very stylish area featuring architecture reflecting traditional Andalusian design. It also has several major golf courses in Marbella
- Puerto Banús: known as the playground of the most important and wealthiest visitors to Marbella, including Arab royalty. Glamour, beaches, nightlife, exclusive shopping, luxury shops and flats, houses and luxury apartments abound here
- Río Real: a cluster of villas, terraced houses and accommodation in the west with large green areas near the city center and bordering the shopping centre La Cañada
- San Pedro (beach): an area of upscale residential areas and golf courses in a zone that has been created on reclaimed land and boasts excellent transport and road links
- Sierra Blanca: stunning plots and majestic luxury homes in Marbella are located at the foot of the mountain Concha, in Sierra Blanca. It is next to the ‘green lungs of the city’, a green belt of pine forests and trees bordering this unspoilt location.