the best golf courses in Benahavis and Estepona
The internationally famous area of Costa del Sol, is well known for its beautiful beaches, wide cultural offer and its nightlife. But one of the most important aspect of this area are the Golf courses, which are internationally renowned. In this post we have selected the best golf courses in Benahavis and Estepona:
- La Zagaleta Golf Club: one of the most private and luxurious golf courses in Europe. Situated within a gated residential estate where the most expensive and luxurious houses of Spain are located. Its exclusivity and privacy are its main points: Only accessible for a few as becoming a member is highly restricted. It has stunning villas for sale if you are interested in owning a golf property in the Costa del Sol.
- Los Arqueros Golf And Country Club: Set among steep mountains is located Los Arqueros. Opened in 1991, this 18-hole course is a challenging par 71, designed by Severiano Ballesteros, considered one of the best players in the world, who wanted to create a golf course in harmony with the natural setting providing a challenging game with stunning views.
- El Higueral golf club: it is a picturesque 9 hole, par 36 resort course nestled on the gentle slopes of the foothills in Benahavis. Designied with unique views, and features to surprise the visitor once and again.
- Atalaya Golf & Country Club: Beautifully-located between Estepona, Benahavis and Marbella. It has two magnificent 18-hole courses, the first designed by Bernhard von Limburger in 1968, with strategically positioned bunkers and elevated greens, and the second course created in 1990 with undulating fairways, perfect greens and panoramic views.
- Guadalmina Golf Club: a few minutes drive from the town of San Pedro de Alcántara, between Marbella and Sotogrande. It has a large luxury hotel where golfers can stay close to the two large 18holes golf courses. It has hosted very important tournanments like the PGA championship, or the European PGA.
- La Resina Golf & Country Club: 9 holes Golf Course with a luxury club house placed among hills and lakes that conform the course. Situated in Estepona, very close to San Pedro and Marbella.
- Villa Padierna Golf Club: This resort is located in the western area of the Costa del Sol, right in the center of the recently known as “The golden Triangle” (the area covered by the municipalities of Estepona, Marbella and Benahavis). This prestigious resort is formed by three golf courses: Los flamingos, Alferini golf, and Tramores, as well as a prestigious academy ruled by the famous Golfer Michael Campbell, champion of the US Open in 2005, after defeating Tiger Woods.
- Estepona golf : An 18 holes golf course. The fairways are wide and the greens are large, using the natural landscape of the Sierra Bermeja. Most of holes provides stunning sea views.
- Valle Romano Golf & Resort: A course with its own personality, with 18 holes par 71, with stunning views. The resort has a full range of services from a stunning clubhouse with restaurant, to shops or spa.